Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Issue with Raid 5 array losing 2 member disks on a full power-cycle

KBlås
Beginner

I have a problem with a Raid 5 array, where 2 seagate disks become non-membered after a full power cycle. It works like normal. This array is 2 WD 3TB and 2 Seagate 3TB disks running in Raid 5.

It happends every full power cycle, havent started to use the Raid array yet, luckily I found out this before taking it in use.. I have to delete the raid array, and create a new one and Re-add the disks. Cause they show up in the Raid-controller, but they have lost their membership to the raid array... I am able to create a new raid array on the 2 now non-member disks...

RST software on windows show them as missing, and show the 2 missing drives as non-member drives below.. (See screenshot)

I have another raid array with 2x SSD in raid 0 which works all the time.

Integrated RST on mobo (Asus ROG Maximus VI Formula)

Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello KBlås,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

Please run the following tools and attach the reports generated 

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) report:

To save a system report, follow these steps:

• Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel® Rapid Storage Technology).
  • Click the Help icon.
  • Click the System Report icon.
  • Click Save.

Can you please send us a screenshot of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) option ROM?

You can access it by pressing Ctrl + i when the computer is posting if this combination key does not work you should contact the system manufacturer to get the steps on how to access it.

Regards, 

Adrian M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello KBlås,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Regards, 

Adrian M. 

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello KBlås,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Regards, 

Adrian M. 

0 Kudos