Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

It's possible to use NVME producent driver when I have a RAID 5 with Intel Rapid Storage?

JRost
Beginner

Hi,

It's possible to use NVME producent (samsung, WD) driver when I have a RAID 5 (5 disks ssd sata) with Intel Rapid Storage on? I would like to use producent driver for nvme disk (they giving more "power" to disk), not drivers given automatically with Inter Rapid Storage, could I disable in bios Intel RST, and this raid 5 still will be working?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JRost

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Could I disable in bios Intel RST, and this raid 5 still will be working? No, if you disable RAID on the BIOS the RAIDF structure will fail and this could cause damage on your data.

In reference to the USE in the MVEM drives on the system, let me investigate it, I will be posting back as soon as possible

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.                        

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JRost
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

Any news?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JRost

Thank you for waiting.

·        It's possible to use NVME producent (Samsung, WD) driver when I have a RAID 5 (5 disks SSD SATA) with Intel Rapid Storage on? This needs to check with  Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) if that requires disabling Intel(R) RST in BIOS then the answer is no

·        I would like to use producent driver for NVME disk (they giving more "power" to disk), not drivers are given automatically with Inter Rapid Storage, could I disable in bios Intel RST, and this raid 5 still will be working? No previously answered.  

·        Is it possible to use the MVME on the system on the RAID structure? This has to be confirmed with OEM.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos