Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Latest RST driver removed from Intel Download Center?

JJans8
Beginner

I remember that Intel Rapid Storage driver version 16.7.0.1009 was the latest version on Intel's website. When visiting that version's page found here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28255/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver

...it says that it's removed and a yellow bar states that there is a newer version. However, when clicking on that yellow bar, it redirects me to an older version which is 15.9.0.1015 from 2017.

When will the latest RST driver be back up again?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Intel is likely doing some maintenance. Just try again later.

Doc

0 Kudos
krzemien
New Contributor II

As I spotted it myself over the last weekend I doubt it's maintenance-driven - surely that should not take longer than few hours to get it sorted.

So, it would be nice to see Intel staff commenting on this appropriately.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello JJans8, The driver is currently down for maintenance to enable installer changes. We hope to have the updated driver available soon. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Modifying the driver to meet the new driver model is not a trivial task and certainly not something that will happen overnight.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I
0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

The update is out now, I have installed it on 6 systems (some RAID, some Optane cache). Everything seems to be working correctly, I had no issues installing.

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
krzemien
New Contributor II

Thanks for your responses and updates. Let me take these one by one:

• The driver is currently down for maintenance to enable installer changes

Why such newspeak? Instead of saying that old drivers were pulled back for some reason as new version is coming up soon?

• Modifying the driver to meet the new driver model is not a trivial task and certainly not something that will happen overnight.

Fair enough, however some kind of advance notification would pre-empt people's doubts and questions. And also there would be no need for this thread, surely?

• ​Intel released new RST driver 16.8.0.1000

And yet, when one searches for RST one get this result, pointing out to v15.9 in the first place:

Capture.PNG

What's more, when expanded, no link to v16.8 exists. Interesting.

Just sayin'.

0 Kudos