Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2066 Discussions

Make the second disk available

Nybisa
Beginner

Hello, please advise. I have two disks in my computer and Intel Optane system on them - one 200 GB and the other 2TB. The 200GB drive is intended as the primary C: drive for Windows. However, it is almost full and I would like to expand the memory with a second larger disk, but it cannot be used. I don't understand exactly why the second disk is unavailable, is there any way to make the second larger disk available as memory? Thank you

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please explain your situation further. What types of drives are we talking about (full model numbers as well please)?

It would also be helpful to provide a full system report. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the utility, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Nybisa.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forum.

I received your ticket regarding this storage configuration, and I will be reviewing this with you.

I do not see this being related to Optane Memory based on the SSU and screenshots, but I do see that you are working with an Intel RST configuration, and since there is no Optane involved, I will move your thread to the Intel RST community section.

One of my colleagues will contact you soon.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Nybisa,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST), I will be happy to help you.

I will start with an investigation to provide you with accurate information, as soon as possible I will provide you with the details.

Regards,

Andres P.

Intel Customer Support Technicia

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Nybisa,

We have been working on the investigation, and now please answer the following questions for a better understanding:

• Did the system come with the RAID created by Dell or did you create it?
  • Was it created using Intel's UI or at BIOS level?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Nybisa
Beginner
Hallo, yes, please, I still need help…

- The system came with the RAID created by Dell
- It was created using at BIOS level I think (not sure about it).

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Nybisa,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Nybisa,

Thank you for your response, and all the information provided.

I will continue with the investigation, as soon I have further information I will let you know.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Nybisa,

Thank you for your time.

We have been working on the investigation, we recommend to reach Dell's support since the RAID was not created using our tool. Intel just provides the generic driver and the tool for monitoring and RAID configuration, since your configuration was completed by Dell we can not offer steps, this because the product could be damaged since we don't know about the set up performed by Dell.

For now, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos