Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2097 Discussions

Missing most drivers after a fresh Windows 10 installation

debica
Novice

Did a fresh instalation of Windows 10 on new laptop. Came across a common error for me, resolved it multiple times before this. Error says "No Drives were found". I go to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19512/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html and put the drivers on a usb. Plug the usb to new laptop and install the drivers. Everything is good so far. Windows 10 installation completes. The laptop for some reason now doesn't have the following: a working wifi driver, a working bluetooth driver, a working sound driver, a working trackpad driver, a working audio driver and probably much more that I didn't yet discover. Since this is not the first time I did this, I do not understand why this problem occured. Last time I installed Windows 10 was 7 months ago on a laptop with the same Intel processor and same error occuring during Windows 10 installation and had no problem with the drivers.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Install the chipset inf for your laptop provided by your laptop manufacturer.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
debica
Novice

I ended up installing all the drivers I could find on the manufacturers web site manually. Now everything tehnically works but laptop is beyond usable. Terrible lag, chrashes, sound disappearing and video games being blocked from using the graphics driver are all things that happened in the last 2 hours of using the laptop. It's going back to the shop it was purchased. I believe that the laptop sholud be usable as soon as it's out of it's box and not after 2 days of engineer work.

0 Kudos