Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

My laptop stopped working after Intel RST update.

ASing119
Beginner

I was downloading the new windows update and it failed. It prompted me to go to intel website and download the RST driver so I can finish downloading the update. I installed and it asked me to restart the computer to finish installation. I am unable to open my laptop since then. It is stuck on the motherboard screen and I can't even enter BIOS. Laptop model is ASUS FX553VE​

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

You may return to the last working configuration from Advanced Option Menu. This menu you can reach after booting from Window Installation Media USB:

1.    Boot from your Windows 10 installation USB (You can Prepare Windows Installation USB using Microsoft Media Creation Tool: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209)

2.    Select your language preferences and click/tap on Next.

3.    Click/tap on Repair your computer at the bottom.

4.    Click/tap on Troubleshoot.

5.    Click/tap on Advanced options.

6.    Click/tap on System Restore (use a restore point recorder on your PC to restore Windows).

7.    If prompted, click/tap on an administrator and follow the instruction on screen. Select the restore point form the list.

8.    After few Nexts, click Finish confirmed by Yes - the restore will start.

9.    Your PC will now restart and perform a System Restore. 

10. When the System Restore has completed successfully, click/tap on Restart.

Instead of booting from Windows 10 Installation USB in order to enter Advanced Menu you may try F8 method:

1.  Press Power Button to switch NUC ON.
  2.  Repeatedly depress F8, you will see words: Please wait. Stop depressing F8, NUC will enter Advanced Option Menu. 
  3. Repeat paragraphs 4 - 10 above.

Hope this helps (if not ask Asus support for help)

Leon

0 Kudos