Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

RAID-5 - Array - Volume missing

DBran7
Beginner

Hi Folks,

I had bought an Intel SSD to load windows faster, with the special software, for Intel SSD's.

Before I had the drive connected, I has disconnect my RAID 5 system (because my power supply have not enough of power, but it works already for one year). I connect the new SSD to my system, and Install the software and my system works great and faster, except with my RAID-5, which is not connected.

On a day, I need some documents, which were stored on my RAID-5 system. I connect my RAID-5 to my computer and I was shocked.

Because I see only the first partition and one array and volume. But where is my second array (if I can remember, that I configured 2 arrays) and where is my second volume with two partitions?

How can I get them back?

RST says only that I can create a new one, but I want my data / photo's back and not to loose them.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Additional info.

Mainboard dz68bc bios 0028

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I am running the latest RST/drivers._dzb

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi moonwalker698,

If you disconnected the drives that were on you RAID 5 just by reconnecting the drives all configuration and information should be in there as it was before.

The RAID 5 configuration provides redundancy and parity on all disks; meaning that it will have a portion of information in all the drives.

0 Kudos
DBran7
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I agree what you wrote, I have it a lot of time experienced.

But, after installing / configuring a SSD as cache drive to speed up my Windows,

I have now a lost array / volume.

I WANT to KNOW how I CAN RECOVER that array / volume to get my data and photo's BACK,

and not a nonsensical message.

Serious answers please.

0 Kudos
DBran7
Beginner

No one a solution?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

moonwalker698,

I understand your frustration and I am really sorry for this. If RAID 5 fails it cannot be recovered by using the IRST. You may try with 3rd party software to recover your files.

0 Kudos