Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

RAID Degradation Notification

cccleaner
Beginner
Hello Intel Now there is it: I have a disk SMART event and Raid 5 degradation Intel RST: Your system is reporting one or more events, and data may be at risk. Refer to the details below for more information. Sata Hardisk: At Risk (SMART event). If I click the link the Event Viewer opens, creates a Custom View but not error message or information is diplayed. I check with cristaldiskinfo it shows me a bad disk (Read Error Rate= 1) I have not get any notification from intel RST nor from Windows notification service. Again it was coincidence that I opened crystaldiskinfo to see a disk is bad. Please could you assure us to bring back any notification service? We are waiting and there is actually no time left for this essentila functionality. Thank you
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello cccleaner,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer:   https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Besides the problems with the disk, is the issue only related to the lack of notification from the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) tool?

3. Have you encounter other issues with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)?

4. Have you ever received any kind of notification from the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) before?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

cccleaner
Beginner

Hi Deivid

I think it is not necessary to upload any logs. Many Users here in the forum are complaining about the same missing feature: since the new Windows 10 App update any notification about status change of the Intel RAID is missing.

Today btw the disk completely failed. the Raid utilisation was always on 100%. No notification nothing. I just noticed that because i am carfeully monitoring my hardware via HWINFO now.

4. Have you ever received any kind of notification from the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) before?

Yes of course, the old Intel RST sofrware contained an notification service even via mail.

Please make sure we can get notified if a RAID has a degraded disk or any other disruptive or informational status.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello cccleaner, 

Thank you for feedback provided 

I will proceed to check internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
cccleaner
Beginner

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

BTW I am using

Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management Product Version 18.1.1015.0
Driver Version: 17.9.1.1009

for my ASUS X299 Prime - A Mainboard-

WE NEED:  Notification Service of any status change of the RAID within Windows and if possible again via Mail.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello cccleaner, 

I want to let you know that we appreciate your feedback. Intel is aware of the problem with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) notification alerts and we are working on new updates to implement this feature on newer releases.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
cccleaner
Beginner

Hi Deivid

May I also highlight again, that i am still using the intel X299 Chipset on the ASUS X299 Prime - A board.

The latest Intel drivers (currently 18.1.6.1039) do not support the X299 Chipset anymore.  If I contact the Mainboard Manufacturer about latest Intel divers they refer to Intel, since they obviously do not customize the chipset.

Please could you take this into consideration and deliver again drivers for all latest Chipsets for all Intel sockets?

X299 is still very current for all Socket 2066 Enthusiast Desktop Workstations.

Please do not forget to include this chipset into the update as well.

THANK YOU

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello cccleaner, 

Thanks for the update, we will try our best to cover as much as Intel devices possible. Remember to use the correct Intel® Rapid Storage Technology according to the processor generation (Driver 18.1.6.1039 supports 10th Gen and 11th Gen Intel Core platforms).

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos