Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

RST Install Win 10 intel C236

AButl1
Beginner

Hey All,

Recently i have been trying to install RST on a windows 10 install on a supermicro X11SAE mobo. when the software was first installed the user which installed it could not log in. after some mucking about in safe mode i was able to free that up for the longest time everything i tried i still got a "unexpected error, restart or re-install RST" message. sometimes the Service would run, but the GUI would never function.

I continued to try different versions until now i am in a state where the GUI will now actually open a window but only get the following message. "OK" or closing the window results in the GUI closing. It is asking me to update the application version however i believe i am using the most recent version already. i have tired following the link but only the "OptaneMemory" executable and the drivers are on that page. i have tried Optane Memory after uninstalling RST to no avail.

Under storage controllers in device management it is coming up as C600 series chipset when i think it is supposed to be C230 series chipset.

If i delete iaStorAV.sys from windows\system32\drivers the GUI will open however it won't detect the array.

Please let me know if there is any more specific information i can provide.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello BlacKnight,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Since this could be a hardware/software compatibility issue, we would like to gather some information about your system.

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

If you are downloading the Intel® RST from our Download Center, please provide the versions you have tested.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AButl1
Beginner

I have tried:

All but the last 2 have said that the platform was not supported.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello BlacKnight,

Thank you for attaching the system report.

Since you have tried installing different Intel® RST versions with no positive result, this could be caused by hardware/software limitation. Even though your motherboard may support Intel® RST generic versions, I wonder if you have tried using the Intel® RSTe driver provided by your motherboard manufacturer. According to Supermicro, there are Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise Driver Files available for your system. In other words, you may need to contact them to find out if using Intel® RST in your system is feasible.

It is worth noting that they may have customized your system to use the enterprise version only.

https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/results.cfm Drivers & Utilities for X11SAE.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise DriverFiles

Version: 5.3.0.1413

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos