Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Unable to Remove/Repair my current version or install a new version of RST

PM1
Beginner

Hi All,

I have a HP Laptop with Windows 10, and I have installed Intel RST. There's a new version that HP has released to install, but I cannot install it, because setup is in "Installing step" all the time and never ends (in reality, it doesn't do anything on the system, just keep the progress bar at 0% completed during all the time). To fix the issue, I tried to use the repair option getting same results: progress bar at 0% all the time without timeout. If I try to uninstall it, I get an error saying that "Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install". There's no installation in progress.

I don't know what else I can do to unlock this. Not sure if something is hanged on Intel installer or MSI installer for this product ID. Do you know other ways to unlock this situation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello cyberpeter,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

You can also perform a clean boot to determine if a background program is causing this issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows How to perform a clean boot

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

If the issue is not resolved after performing a clean boot, please provide the following information since this issue can be caused by hardware/software compatibility.

Run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PM1
Beginner

Hi

Clean boot didn't resolve the issue. Attached is the file requested.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello cyberpeter,

Thank you for your response.

The recommended steps to uninstall the software are:

1.Start menu > Control Panel.

2.Click 'Programs and Features'. Locate and select Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.

3.Right-click the application name, and then click 'Uninstall'.

4.The uninstall program will start. Click through the options for the uninstallation.

Since uninstalling/installing Intel® RST during a clean boot in Windows* failed, you may need to contact your system manufacturer in order to address this issue properly. Keep in mind that this means that the application is not the cause of the issue.

Also, you can make sure that the Intel® RST versions you are installing were validated for your computer.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos