Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Raid0 status failed no bootable

EKala
Beginner

Hello

I have a VPCSA28GG sony laptop. It has a problem since the first week (2012), It randomly loses its operating system (Windows 7 Professional 64-bit) as it is appeared in the picture. Could you please help me to solve this problem forever? and also I have some questions about this system:

Can I upgrade its OS to win10?

Can I boot my laptop in non raid configuration to avoid from this problem?

Thank you in advance

Elaheh

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello EKalantari

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having issues with the RAID build on your system, allow me to help you investigate the case.

Looking into the issue that you are having a was doing some research on the system that you have and I found that according to the SONY the system comes with the RAID build from factory, and it has been validated for Windows® 7 only, in this case installing Windows® 10 means that you may not find drivers o could not work properly in the system I recommend verifying with SONY if there is support for this operating system.

Allow me to share with you the link specification form SONY:

https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpcsa28gg/specifications https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpcsa28gg/specifications

if you are thinking about using the system as non-RAID, it could be done by going into the Ctrl+I (Intel® RST option ROM) and setting the disk as non-RAID, by doing so all the current data on the system would be lost and you would have to install the system form cero this means to install the OS from scratch.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
EKala
Beginner

Dear Leonardo C.

Thank you for your response. However, my problem still exists and I haven't yet solved it.

Could you please give me an instruction for setting this raid0 SSD as a non-raid without any problem to install OS? and also whether is it possible one of SSD's segments has a hardware problem? How can I check it? (when I turn on my laptop or restart it I hear a sound as like as when I press the button of the CD/DVD-ROM drive for inserting a CD/DVD)

Best regards,

Elaheh

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello EKalantari

Thank you for your response, let me investigate the options for your concerns I will get back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello EKalantari

Thank you for waiting, looking into your case given that your system is a laptop I would recommend contacting the original system manufacturer (OEM) for the steps about how the to eliminate the RAID structure and the necessary BIOS configuration to use the system with a non-RAID configuration.

In case you have an SSD segment problems the best way review this error would be to verify with the SSD manufacturer for tools used to review the SSD integrity.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos