Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Recovery Volume

SPope
Beginner

I am looking at building a new system and using the Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming board from GIGABYTE, my old system (current) has an earlier version of iRST installed and i have it setup as recovery volume with on demand backup (basically a part time mirror on demand), I would like to set this up again on my new pc but cannot confirm this option is still available, can anyone answer for sure that it is or isn't. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello m4r,

Thank you for posting your inquiry in our Intel ® communities.

We are currently testing and performing research about our newest version of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) to determine if it supports Intel® Rapid Recover Technology (Intel® RRT)

We will reach you back as soon as we have more information.

Please consider that the Intel® Rapid Recover Technology (Intel® RRT) requires support in the driver and the option ROM. The feature will not be available if an option ROM that includes support for Intel Rapid Recover Technology is not integrated into the system BIOS. You can contact your system manufacturer to verify if this is supported by them, as their https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Ultra-Gaming-rev-10# sp webpage does not specify it under the Storage Interface specifications.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello m4r,

Thank you for patience.

I am glad to inform you that the Intel® Rapid Recover Technology (Intel® RRT) feature is totally supported in our latest version of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST).

You just need to verify that your board supports it as well, as we shared before.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos