Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cinomadic
Beginner

Removing a Drive from RAID 0

Jump to solution

Hello,
I bought my computer as a custom workstation from an online store many years ago. I've gotten a new computer and I wish to sell some of the disk drives from the old computer.

The 4 Intel DC S3500 Series 800GB SATA III SSD are in RAID0 with a MARVELL controller. They are not the OS drive.

I have a couple questions:

1. How can I remove the RAID 0 so that they return to individual drives ?
  2. How can I remove the drives safely from my computer?

Thank you!

4 Intel DC S3500 in RAID 04 Intel DC S3500 in RAID 0

Labels (4)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Not sure why you are asking this here. It is a good question -- for Marvell. It is their RAID controller.

That said, I happen to have a Marvell RAID controller. You use CTRL-M during BIOS POST to enter their configuration utility. From there, you can remove the drives from the RAID array(s).

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Not sure why you are asking this here. It is a good question -- for Marvell. It is their RAID controller.

That said, I happen to have a Marvell RAID controller. You use CTRL-M during BIOS POST to enter their configuration utility. From there, you can remove the drives from the RAID array(s).

...S

View solution in original post

cinomadic
Beginner

Thank you for the reply, @n_scott_pearson ! I barely know what I'm doing. I'm so glad you have a Marvell controller to be able to impart this information to me. Thank you very much!