Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Reset disk to Non-RAID

Tranas
Beginner

I have a computer with an Intel DH87MC motherboard that had/has a RAID-1 array (Intel Rapid Storage Technology). One of the disks failed and I want to reset the remaining disk to non-RAID without losing data.

When the machine is started and I enter the raid configuration option, both options warn that all data on the disk will be lost.

What is the proper way to return the remaining disk to non-RAID without losing data?

TIA

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Good question! I'd love to know the answer too. The files I have in my array are too large for me to make an offline backup.

..S

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Tranas,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am going to research this information. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Tranas,

Please find below an article that could help you with your request. Be aware that your system is very old and this may not work as expected.

Delete a RAID 1 Mirror Without Data Loss: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006188/technologies/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos