Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

TRIM support for RAID 1/10/5 array member disks

ksym
Beginner

Hello, RST support

I read the below thread, could you please let me know it is same as the case using RST RAID 1/10/5 on Z490 chipset?

RAID 5 TRIM Support
https://community.intel.com/t5/Rapid-Storage-Technology/RAID-5-TRIM-Support/m-p/1243200/highlight/true

Environment:
Asrock Rack Z490D4U-2L2T
RST driver version: 18.0.1.1138

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello ksym,

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We would like to inform you that for your configuration as well, TRIM is only supported on RAID 0. Beginning with the Intel® 7 Series chipset the driver supports TRIM on SSDs in a RAID 0 configuration.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello ksym,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please allow us to look into this and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as we have more details available.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello ksym,

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We would like to inform you that for your configuration as well, TRIM is only supported on RAID 0. Beginning with the Intel® 7 Series chipset the driver supports TRIM on SSDs in a RAID 0 configuration.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
davevt31
Beginner

It would also be nice to see the health of the individual drives that are in a RAID 1 setup.  I have 2 Intel M.2 drives in a RAID 1, if they were separate I could view them in the Intel MAS_GUI but since they are in a RAID they don't show up in the MAS_GUI listing.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello ksym,

We will proceed to close this thread, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored 

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos