Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Usage Unknown IRST

Juan7
Beginner

Nothing much, I've just activated Intel Rapid Storage Technology and after that i doesn't show my Sata HDD, but it still shows it's info in IRST, including the size of the disk.

It's the same info showed in IRST when I run Intel Optane

If I'm being honest I was just messing around, I don't really need to use the tool, just want my data back.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan (check "Everything") and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You didn't 'activate RST'; what you did was enable the use of your HDD as a backup for your SSD. In technical terms, you created a RAID1 array combining your primary drive and this HDD. Why you did this, not knowing what it meant, I don't know. The contents of your HDD are probably hopelessly scrambled at this point, overwritten with a back up of your primary drive. I don't see you getting anything back. I hope you have an offline backup; you are going to need it.

Sorry, but reality bites,

...S

0 Kudos
Nielsen
Beginner
Hi, I am having the same problem and I understand if my data is loss but is there any way to reverse this so I can use my harddisk normally?
0 Kudos
Nielsen
Beginner

Nevermind, just recovered it with my data as well thankfully. 

0 Kudos