Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2080 Discussions

Where on earth do I find Rapid Storage Tools for Win 8.1?

BigLeo
Beginner
Intels website seems to be as difficult to use as Microsofts! All I want is to download the Intel Storage tools for Win 8.1 64 bit. It seems as if every company demands that we run Win 10 or 11 but my hardware does not run those. So, many of us still need to access tools for Win 8.1!!!! Try as I might I cannot find them. I have a mirrored raid set that says VERIFY when I boot. All I want to do is run the Intel tools that shows me the status of the raid set and gives me the option to sort it if I need to manually do something. If it is already being repaired I want to see the status. I do not know whether VERIFY is telling me I need to do something or if it is doing something. When I try to install the Intel Tools from my motherboard manufacturer it says I already have a later version installed. But, try as I might, I cannot find any tools to show me what is going on. I see other people are asking for the same thing but no one is answering them,
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AllisWell_42
Novice

Hi @BigLeo

Yeah,,, I think Intel’s website might not be the most user-friendly brother, but let me help. Here are a couple of options you can explore:

1. Intel Memory and Storage Tool (MAS):
    • The Intel Memory and Storage Tool (MAS) is drive management software for Windows. It allows you to view current drive information, perform firmware updates, run full diagnostic scans, perform secure erase processes, and provide SMART attributes from Intel SSDs.
    • You can download the latest version of the Intel MAS from FileHorse. Make sure to choose the appropriate 64-bit version for Windows 8.1.
    • This tool should help you monitor your RAID set and check its status.
  2. Intel SSD 330 Series Memory/Storage Tool:
    • If you’re specifically looking for tools related to Intel SSDs, you can also try the Intel SSD 330 Series Memory/Storage Tool.
    • Although this version is slightly older, it might still work for your needs.

However, be sure to back up any critical data before making changes to your RAID configuration to ensure its safety.

williams,

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, no, no, those tools aren't going to help you at all.

You need the actual RST tools from way back when. Now, I happen to have many versions of the package in my archive but I need to know what processor you have and, most important, what chipset your board has. As well, if you know how to dig it out of BIOS Setup (or CTRL-I program), I could use the version of the RST firmware installed on the board.

...S

0 Kudos
Kiriakos-GR
New Contributor I

Do a web-search and download  RST 13.0.4.1000  (last W7 W8.1 compatible). 

0 Kudos