Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Why should Intel's storage (SATA AHCI) driver, Rapid Storage Technology Driver, be recommended to be

BladerSoul
Beginner

I am currently working as an IT engineer for a company, and I am currently in charge of setting up Intel platform PCs (desktops, laptops). I have a question for you here.

There is Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver (including OPTANE Memory Technology), which is Intel's storage (SSD, HDD, AHCI, SATA, NVMe) management driver. In addition to running the storage smoothly
I know that it is a comprehensive driver that predicts the failure rate by detecting the storage status and generating a notification by checking the S.M.A.R.T information of the SSD or HDD. Is this the Windows device driver that works smoothly for each storage device below?

1. SSD: Enable TRIM to improve the performance and management of your SSD
(Prevent freezing when starting the program with the Windows standard driver)
2. HDD: Enable NCQ to improve HDD performance and management
(Enhanced speed by enabling HDD access speed non-sequentially with NCQ)
3. RAID: Utilize more than n storage devices
(Although some high-end gaming laptops don't bundle RAID, even a single NVMe SSD can maintain maximum performance)

Please give me an accurate answer. thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @BladerSoul

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you have opened an internal web/email ticket with us and we will continue to help you through that channel. We will therefore close this community case to avoid duplication of efforts. Thank you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos