cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Windows 10 - Rapid Storage Driver causes Graphics Driver to crash

Hello everyone,

Ive been having lots of graphic driver crashes during my gaming sessions and after closing out my graphics card as a fault (bought a GTX 980 today) I decided to check windows eventlog. After that it was pretty clear that Intel RST was the problem here. At the exact time when i encountered the freezes and graphic driver crashed Intel Rapid Storage Technology, which is part of my chipset drivers, blocked my volumes by resetting Raid/0. I dont use any Raid Technology (except for Raid/0 aka Striping of course).

What i wanted to ask is, if theres any benefit if I dont need any Raid Technologies like Mirroring. I also dont use the feature that "unites" some of my physical volumes to one logical volume.

Currently I have RST uninstalled and that fixed the problem. The thing is: I've had it installed for a couple years and there never happened to be any problem, so I'm quite curious what seems to be the problem.

Is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Breenori

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

There is no need of having the Intel® Rapid Storage software installed on the system if you have a RAID 0 volume. There is no redundancy when using RAID 0. I am testing a RAID 0 volume for a while and I do not have reports about this error with the Intel® Rapid Storage.

Allan.