Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2108 Discussions

Windows 11 app email notifications and startup

dorun
Beginner

I installed Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application. I would like to receive notifications about the RIAD array.

I baffled by the fact that the app allows now to configure email notifications. That is great but if the app cannot start without someone clicking on the UX what good is that email config.

I managed to add it to the startup apps. But the issue is that the app requires running as administrator so someone has to click on the UX.

Please clarify how to use email notifications.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dorun
Beginner

Anyone?

0 Kudos
wkt_1
Beginner

It sounds like you're looking to configure email notifications for your Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application but are running into issues with the app's startup requirements. Here’s a breakdown of how to approach this:

Setting Up Email Notifications

1. Email Notification Configuration:

• Within the Intel Optane Memory application, look for the settings or configuration section where you can enter your email address and configure notification preferences.
    • Ensure you save any changes after entering your email details.
  2. App Startup and Administrator Rights:

• Since the app needs to run with administrator privileges, you can set it to always run as an administrator. Right-click on the application shortcut, select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, and check the box that says Run this program as an administrator. This will require administrative access each time it starts.
  3. Adding to Startup:

• Since you’ve already added it to your startup applications, ensure that the app is set to run at startup without needing a manual click. However, since it requires admin rights, it may still prompt for permission each time.

Possible Workaround

To automate the startup without user intervention, you can create a task in Task Scheduler:

1. Open Task Scheduler:

• Type "Task Scheduler" in the Windows search bar and open it.
  2. Create a New Task:

• Click on Create Task on the right side.
    • Under the General tab, name your task and select Run with highest privileges.
  3. Set Triggers:

• Go to the Triggers tab and click New. Set the trigger to At log on for any user.
  4. Set Actions:

• Go to the Actions tab and click New. Choose Start a program and browse to the Intel Optane Memory application executable.
  5. Conditions and Settings:

• Adjust any conditions or settings as needed, then click OK to save.

This setup should allow the Intel Optane application to run automatically with the necessary permissions without needing manual intervention.

Conclusion

By configuring email notifications and setting the application to run at startup with the necessary privileges, you should be able to receive alerts about your RAID array without needing to click through the UX each time. If you still encounter issues, checking the application’s documentation or Intel support may provide additional insights. Let me know if you need further assistance!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@wkt_1   Conclusion: another chatgpt answer.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos