Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

about Intel® Matrix Storage manager Reset disks to non-raid

skyvane
Beginner

Hello everyone, I have an old HP desktop computer, win2008R2, using Intel® Matrix Storage Manager software and two 500G hard disk group raid1, now one of the hard disk is bad, I purchased two 1T hard disk, want to expand the capacity of the original raid1, because I am new, I searched the Internet to find tutorials to operate.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/chipsets/imsm/sb/imsm_reference1.pdf

I followed this content "How do I move my RAID 1 volume to larger hard drives?" to operate.

When I got to step 7: click Reset Disks to Non-RAID.I have a question, is Reset disks to Non-Raid two (one new 1T hard drive, and one old 500G hard drive) together? Or does it reset the new 1T drive or the old 500G drive?

I started to reset disks to non-raid on the new 1T drive, then restarted the computer without shutting it down, and when I entered the system the Intel® Matrix Storage Console software prompted that it was rebuilding 。。。。 I tried to shut down the computer immediately, followed the tutorial to step 11, removed the old 500G drive, and found that I could not log into windows.

What is my problem, please? Why can't I get into the system when I followed step 11 of the tutorial.
What should I do to expand the capacity of Raid1 and get into the system?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @skyvane

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that Intel® Matrix Storage Manager is no longer supported and the general recommendation was that users should use Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) instead.

Intel® RST compatibility depends upon the Operating System (OS) version, Chipset model, etc., therefore, we would like to gather the following information to check some details:

1- Drives brand, model, and part number:

2- HP* computer exact model:

3- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report following the steps below:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
skyvane
Beginner

Hello Andrew G.
I've successfully expanded raid1 yesterday, thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello skyvane

Thank you for your response. Perfect, we are glad to know that you managed to expand the RAID 1. Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos