Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

help says to modify in Volatile Volume Cache Settings, but there is no such selection under Performance. Also, I have a 250G SATA drive.

JHood
Beginner

help says that Performance has Volatile Volume Cache Settings, but that option does not show, how to I get to it and is it even applicable to SATA drived.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

jmhood: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology communities. We will do our best in order to try to provide the information you are looking for.

In regard to your inquiry, in order to be able to modify the Volatile Volume Cache settings, we need to disable the write-back cache option on Windows, to do that please get into device manager, look for the name of the hard drive, right click on it and select properties, then uncheck where it says "Enable write caching on the device".

After that, on Intel® RST tool, please enable the write-back cache option.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

jmhood: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
ANguy24
Beginner

Hey Alberto, I have the exact same problem as well and unfortunately the solution you provided does not work for me. I hope you have not closed this discussion yet and are still able to assist me.

0 Kudos
ANguy24
Beginner

also here is a screenshot of the "performance" tab.Screenshot (29).png

0 Kudos