Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

rst service is not exist on my computer

htask1
Beginner

i had problem with rst service on windows built 1903 and it was not working, i tried to update it and failed. then uninstalled it to install last version but now i am unable to install rst anynmore. also it is not exist on services list too

0 Kudos
11 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello htask1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I can see that you are having issues installing or updating Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology. I would like to know the error message that you are getting, I see you attached a screenshot showing the error but it is not in english and since it's an image I cannot use a translator tool, so, please let me know what the error says.

Also, I would like to know what computer you have, is it a laptop or a desktop? If a desktop, is it a custom built or a branded system? Please provide me with the model. I would like to request an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
htask1
Beginner
Dear David, Thank you for your email, my computer is laptop dell xps9370 with i7 processor 8th gen, 8 gb ram and 250gb ssd. The error says “platform is not supported” and installations fails. You can find the log file on attachment. Also system support utility report is attached. Saygılarımla / Best regards Hakan Taşkın
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello htask1,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, I would recommend you to install the latest version provided directly by the laptop manufacturer. Please refer to the link below: 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-13-9370-laptop/drivers

* Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. * 

Under the category "Serial ATA" you should find the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology version provided directly by Dell*, please attempt to install that one and let me know the outcome. Also, the report does not show in this thread, please attach it directly on the thread and not via e-mail. 

David V

0 Kudos
htask1
Beginner
Dear David, It gave same error and says “platform is not supported”. I have tried all the versions on the intel rst download website and none of them worked. Maybe something wrong with my chipset driver etc. I don’t know. Saygılarımla / Best regards Hakan Taşkın
0 Kudos
htask1
Beginner

please check attached pictures about more details,

when i run intel driver support assistant it shows rst version but when i check it from device manager it doesnt show rst on the list.

0 Kudos
htask1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello htask1,

I would like to know if you already have an existing RAID or the reason why you are trying to get Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology, this is so I can have more insight.

If you have a RAID created, please share with me the RAID you have as well as how it is configured.

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello htask1,

Were you able to check my previous post?

Please provide me with the information requested so I can continue assisting you.

David V

0 Kudos
htask1
Beginner
Dear David, I don’t use raid but till last month rst was always running on my computer, after some updates and clean installation of windows 1903 I realized that it is not working. If it is not important please tell me. Saygılarımla / Best regards Hakan Taşkın
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello htask1,

If you are not using Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology for RAID then Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology is not necessary to utilize your computer, you are safe to uninstall it since this should not cause any issues. 

If you do decided to setup a RAID then you can install it directly from the system manufacturer's website. I would still recommend you to get in contact with the system manufacturer so they can give you steps to fully uninstall it from your system.

David V

0 Kudos
htask1
Beginner
Thank you for the help Saygılarımla / Best regards Hakan Taşkın
0 Kudos