Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
1730 Discussions

what is compatibility ASUS Hyper m.2 on Z390 motherboard ?

Hwen
Beginner

Hi

Recently , I just bought ASUS Hyper M.2 wanna do raid 0 for some reason(I do not care my data).

I have two M.2 SSD which are ADATA SX8200 PRO 1TB.

Now, I want to do bootable raid 0 with ASUS Hyper m.2 . I find out my motherboard can recognize mine two SSD after I follow the ASUS Hyper M.2 guide, but when I want to create raid in Intel Rapid Storage Technology, It cannot  recognize  mine two ADATA SX8200 PRO 1TB, just show no disk.

Does ASUS Hyper M.2 compatibility with Z390? Can I do the bootable raid 0? What is the problem?    

I already Enable ASUS Hyper M.2 and IRST(version: 17)  and disable CSM 

Or If I want do bootable raid 0 in Z390, I need intel SSD? or Z390 is not allowed to do bootable raid 0 

Thank you for the reading, I am looking forward to your reply  .

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Hwen,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Specific motherboard model.
  • Specific Hyper M.2 card model (We found different links with different models)
  • Can you please provide us a step by step of the process you are following? (type of connections, the software you are using, BIOS settings, etc)
  • Confirm if you are using the Intel* RST interface or the BIOS settings to create the RAID.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Maria_R_Intel

Hello Hwen,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Maria_R_Intel

Hello Hwen,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.