Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4902 Discussions

BMC Restart on S2600

mike_gorin
Beginner

How do you restart the BMC on a S2600 board with an RMM4 from the Web-UI?

I lost keyboard and mouse input control today after using the system for many weeks without a problem.  Unlike other OOB management UI's there does not appear to be a restart option or SSH capability to login to the BMC to reset it.  Luckily I could SSH in to the OS and use IPMITOOL to restart it.

I thought this was very strange and I am working remotely so unplugging the server was not an option for me.

Please advise - Thank You!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Meghak
Employee

Hi mike_gorin,

Thank you for posting on Intel Community.

Please note we are reviewing the issue reported and we shall get back with an update at the earliest.

Regards,

Megha k

0 Kudos
Meghak
Employee

Hi mike_gorin,

We request to please confirm if the query is related to resetting the BMC.

Regards,

Megha K

0 Kudos
mike_gorin
Beginner

Yes, I would like to be able to restart it from the BMC Web-UI like other devices.  Just to clarify, I don't want to reset any values, I just want to restart the controller in rare instances like the last one I had where I was prevented from entering any text from the keyboard or mouse movements.

0 Kudos
Meghak
Employee

Hi mike_gorin,

Please follow the below steps to restart the server via BMC Web-UI.

On the BMC Web console,

>> Choose Remote control.

>> Server power control

>> Power cycle server

>> Click on Perform action to restart the server.

Regards,

Megha K

0 Kudos
Meghak
Employee

Hi mike_gorin,

Please note this is a follow-up post requesting to confirm if the issue reported is resolved.

Regards,

Megha K

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello mike_gorin,

Greetings for the day!

We would like to inform you that we are closing this request as no response has been received for our previous follow-ups.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos