Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Drive failed on RAID Controller RS2BL080

leonvt
Beginner

Hi,

I just need to make sure what the process is to replace a drive after failure.

I have a RAID Controller RS2BL080 with 5 drives configured for RAID 6.

One drive failed and I need to replace it.

Can someone just confirm if I can just pop the old one out and slide the new one in?

IS there anything else that I need to be aware of?

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello leonvt,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Due to this RAID controller being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
RSump1
New Contributor III

Yes, I just had a drive fail in a RAID 1, with the server up, just hotswap the drive. Now, be sure the drive is the same as the failed one,  when I say same, it can be larger, however you can not put a 4kn drive where a 512e exists. I know from personal experience....

leonvt
Beginner

Thanks for the info.

I have ordered a new drive. Different brand but otherwise the exact same spec.

Will install later this week when it arrives.

0 Kudos
Franku_
Beginner

G'day leonvt

Hopefully you have replaced the drive successfully without any issues. Tho I would always recommend to check the compatibility of new hardwares prior to installation or even buying the products. You can always refer to this link to check to avoid future hassles. https://servertools.intel.com/sct. Especially if the brand will be different than what you use before.

Franku_

0 Kudos