Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4909 Discussions

Fatal Hardware Error with PCIe Root Port (Device ID 347A)

Mountainsea
Beginner

Hello Intel Support, 

I am using a Server products which has two Intel Xeon Gold 6436 CPU. After booting the system up, it posted a WHEA Fatal Hardware Error message with PCIe Root Port (Device ID 347A). 

The OS is Windows Server 2022. 

Detailed log info in the enclosed. 

I would like to check does Intel has a driver for the Device ID 347A? 

Thank you.

Mei GD

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi Mountainsea

Thank you for contacting Intel.

Could you please clarify whether the server encounters an error after booting and then continues to function normally, or if it remains stuck at that point? Additionally, could you provide a screenshot of the error, along with details about the server?

Please also include the debug log. Instructions on how to generate the debug log are provided below.

How to Collect the Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) System Debug... (intel.com)

Regards,

Azeem

0 Kudos
Mountainsea
Beginner

Hello Azeem, 

Thank you for your reply. 

After the system boots up, it posted these events. After this the system can continue operate normally if we do not use a PCIe card. But if we start to use a PCIe FPGA card, the system will have a crash, blue screen, and WHEA error. 

Do you have an updated driver for the Device ID 347A? this seems to be PCIe root port. 

Sorry, the server is located at another place, and I can only have access to it at limited times. We will try to provide your requested info. 

But if you can advice about the driver for Device ID 347A, we would appreciate it.

Thank you.
Mei GD

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi Mountainsea

This is the first follow-up regarding the issue (Fatal Hardware Error with PCIe Root Port (Device ID 347A) you reported to us.

We wanted to inquire whether you had the opportunity to review the plan of action (POA) we provided.

Feel free to reply to this email, and we'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Azeem

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi Mountainsea

Could you please provide the details of your server motherboard and BIOS version? Additionally, could you share the debug log?

Please also include the debug log. Instructions on how to generate the debug log are provided below.

How to Collect the Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) System Debug... (intel.com)

Regards,

Azeem

0 Kudos
Mountainsea
Beginner

Hi Azeem, 

Thank you for your following up. 

I hope I will be able to provide the information in next week, sorry for the delay! 

Best Regards,

Mountain Sea

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi Mountainsea,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for your response. We will wait for your further update.

Best regards,

Poojitha 

0 Kudos