Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Have AXX6DRV3GEXP need AXX6DRV6GEXP

idata
Employee

Hi all,

I've got an Intel 6 drive chassis with the 3Gbps backplane installed in an expander form.

Obviously this is how it gets the name 6DRV 3G EXP...

What I need is a 6Gbps backplane to support the link speed of 6Gbps from my SAS 6Gbps drives.

It's working right now at 3Gbps as that's the backplane limit.

Is there such a piece of hardware?

Is there one coming?

Am I meant to use something else entirely?

Thanks in advance.6DRV

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

hadders,

Intel is no longer putting expander phys on backplanes. This ended with the AXX6DRV3GEXP and AXX4DRV3GEXP expander backplanes, which are limited to 3Gb/s SAS/SATA. We have updated all the current non-expander backplanes to support 6Gb signaling. Customers must direct connect, or use expander cards, such as the Intel® RAID Expander Cards RES2SV240, RES2CV240 or RES2CV360 to support more than 8 drives.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
dearangelo
Beginner

extremely long time since this was write, I have one of those back-planes that work on 3Gb and it is not with an expander, it has six separate sata connections, is there anything, any firmware update that I could do on it so it can be brought up tp 6Gb? also, what is the model number of those six HDD back-planes that have been update so to seek one even in the used parts market?

thank you for your time

angelo e

0 Kudos