Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

How to disable PS2/Decay of CPU VR and Memory VR in BIOS, while the CPU and Memory still have P-state and C-state?

OOu
Beginner

How to disable PS2/Decay of CPU VR and Memory VR in BIOS, while the CPU and Memory still have P-state and C-state?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LuisPablo_S_Intel

Hello Osial,

This is an interesting question.

Perhaps to make it more clear, can you elaborate a little on the reason behind the question?

What is your objective? What do you expect to achieve by changing this?

Does your question involve any specific product (motherboard model, BIOS version)?

PS: Bear in mind that some BIOS changes could be platform-specific therefore it will be very important to know exactly what type of system you are referring to, or at least provide some examples on the matter.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

Are you currently working on a specific platform? Do you currently have the product? Is there any specific project you are working on?

I would need to check if this is possible in relation to the system in question.

0 Kudos
OOu
Beginner

Hi David, Luispa,

Thank you for your reply.

It's not related a specific platform, but for all Romley / Grantley platform products.

From the BWG, to disable CPU VR's SetVID_Decay, we can set SAPMCTRL bit 30 .

My question is whether this bit can disable SetPS(PS2)?

Or do I need to configure VR_CURRENT_CONFIG(601h) to 00 to turn off SetPS(PS2) commands?

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

I was able to find this http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/xeon-e5-1600-2600-vol-1-datasheet.pdf document that I hope it will cover your questions. I hope this is the information you are looking for.

0 Kudos