Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4867 Discussions

Intel D915GAG/D915PSY Failure

Thetechsavvy01
Beginner
I recently installed Windows 2000 using this board and finally got all the drivers installed but one day the computer wouldn't turn at all. I baked it in the oven to reflow it and got it where I don't have to press the power button like starting a lawn mower in order to turn it on, but it still doesn't POST. I have spent a while trying to fix it with the tools I have right now, and eventually I found a capacitor leaking so I removed that. My question is: Which capacitors are vital for the operation of the board and which ones do I need to replace? What else do I need to do in order to fix it?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Thetechsavvy01,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel D915GAG and Intel D915PSY.

I would like to let you know that Intel does not manufacture motherboards anymore and due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

Discontinued Products: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos