Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4842 Discussions

Intel Processor Underclock at 0.79Ghz Many Times

ProudWadhwa
Beginner

My Intel Xeon w-10855m has a problem that it many times get stuck at 0.79ghz the temperature is 65 to 70 degree because i have turned off turbo... enabling it spikes temp. to 100 degrees hence leading to the same, 0.79 ghz issue... This happens me frequent times in a day. being a powerful processor, it has this big issue coz it's intel...

Any Solution?

Dell Precision 7550 Xeon w-10855m@5.1 Ghz, 6 cores, Quadro RTX 3000 6GB, 16GB DDR4 RAM.

(disblaing bd prochot, decreases the performance significantly)

ProudWadhwa_0-1718954586960.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hello ProudWadhwa,

Thank you for posting in the community!

To ensure you receive the most specialized assistance, we have a dedicated forum that addresses these specific concerns. Therefore, I will be moving this discussion to our Server Forum. This will allow our knowledgeable community and experts to provide you with timely and accurate solutions.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hello ProudWadhwa,

Thank you for your posting in Intel Communities.

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding the reported issue. 

It sounds like you're experiencing significant throttling issues with your Intel Xeon W-10855M processor. 

As the product was purchased from one of our OEM partner, to address this problem, we recommend reaching out to your OEM manufacturer for further support. 

They will be able to provide specific guidance and determine if there is a known issue with your particular model or if a hardware defect might be present. 

They would also be able to advise if there is any fixes and enhancements available from their end.

Best Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos