Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4901 Discussions

Intel S2600STBR and PCIe Slot 6

RSump1
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,
If I use PCIe slot 6 on the S2600STBR board for two NVMe drives and enable all the ports (2A, 2B, 2C, and 2D) but only use two, will there be any negative effects?

Thanks
Ray

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello RSump1,

Thank you for your response.

In regard to your question, as long as the two drives are properly recognized by the board once they are connected you shouldn’t have any problems using this dual NVMe card with an x16 slot, the only thing that you need to bear in mind is that since it is an x8 card it will be limited to x8 speeds.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, RSump1,

Thank you for reaching Intel Communities. I will gladly help you.

I checked the BIOS Setup Utility User Guide and the Technical Product Specification for the Intel® Server Board S2600ST Family (linked below), but I couldn't find any warnings or any expected behaviour to keep in mind, so it seems that there won't be any negative effects.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
RSump1
New Contributor III

Thank you, Allan, for your reply, as a follow-up question, will there be any issues using the dual NVMe card, which is an x8 in an x16 slot (PCIe Slot 6)? Will enabling 2A, 2B, 2C, and 2D still be "ok"? The ultimate goal is to create a RAID 1 with VROC using NVMe M.2 .

Thanks
Ray

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello RSump1,

Thank you for your response.

In regard to your question, as long as the two drives are properly recognized by the board once they are connected you shouldn’t have any problems using this dual NVMe card with an x16 slot, the only thing that you need to bear in mind is that since it is an x8 card it will be limited to x8 speeds.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello RSump1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are glad to know that you've found our information helpful. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos