Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Intel® Server Board S1200KP Problem.

idata
Employee

I' ve setup a mini itx homeserver with the following configuration:

S1200KP Server board

Xeon E3 1260L

2*4GB Kingston ECC DDR3 Ram (KVR1333D3E9SK2/8G)

3*1TB WD Green Drives as (Data Drives)

1*160GB WD Caviar Blue Drive as System Drive.

and a 450Watt SFX Silverstone Power Supply.

My problem is setup in AHCI mode in which i am dealing with the following problem:

My systems gives me multiple iastor errors "The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period"., whenever i install the Intel RST Driver which leads my system to freeze at the end and needs rebooting.

Whenever i uninstall the RST Driver and leave the system with the Generic Microsoft AHCI Driver included in Windows Home Server 2011 (Windows Server 2008 R2 Based), i do not get any error of this kind....and the system looks and operates fine.

Do you have any ideas what might be a possible cause of this (driver related errors) and a possible solution to it?

PS: I have followed the solutions found in various forums regarding SSD's Freezing within Vista or Windows 7 with the same type of error in the event viewer in which the concluded that the coolpit was the Intel LPM implementation in recent RST driver releases, but with no success.

Please Advise....

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Yes i am using RST version 10.6 and after i upgraded to the latest Bios (v.0018) which included a firmware update for the Raid option rom to v10.8 i also used v10.8 of the RST driver with the same results.

I have consulted carefully the Tested operated system and Hardware list but since i had some spare 1TB drives i "had" to used them for storage. The question lies to the fact that my drives are not in this list. In Greece it is not possible to find any of the HDD's included in this list.

So i am stuck....and i dont know what else to try.... maybe a second install will be my only option...

The only think i dont really want to deal with is to RMA the board because it will take weeks or even months for my supplier to exchange it...

0 Kudos