Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel updates in the form of catalog to use with WSUS

PJaga1
Beginner

I would like to know if Intel provides the product updates in the form of catalog to use with WSUS and distribute the updates. Like the one provided by DELL, IBM and HP for their product security updates.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Not that I've seen, no. Is there some particular update you need, that you can't find?

0 Kudos
PJaga1
Beginner

Thanks for the reply,

I'm not looking for any particular update. I was looking if Intel provides the update in the form of catalog to use with WSUS and distribute the updates.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

We don't have one yet, but that is a great idea. Let me ask around, and see what it would take to implement that. I'll come back and update this thread in a couple days when I have some more information.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

I haven't found the right contact person yet, but I'm still looking.

0 Kudos
PJaga1
Beginner

Hi Dan,

Do we have an update on this

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Hello, Jagan -

No update yet. I am still working to find an answer for the community. I'll post again next Wednesday, even if I don't have an answer yet, just to let you guys know I'm not going to abandon this question. Will that work?

- Daniel

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

I am still engaged in talks with Engineering. Will post more later, after we get some conclusive path.

0 Kudos
PElde
Beginner

Have a look in the WSUS Console and you will see that there is a Drivers category in there.

We have seen various Intel based drivers come down the pipe via that method.

We enable all categories in our WSUS setups so that we can keep an eye on things like drivers.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Thanks, Phillip. This helps give some context to the request.

Is this console something you set up on a Windows server, or was it created for you by Dell/IBM/et cetera?

0 Kudos
PJaga1
Beginner

This should be the "Update View" created by the user in WSUS server with filters that displays the driver updates available through Microsoft updates

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc708436(v=ws.10).aspx Viewing the Updates

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Hello again, Jagan -

Would Intel be providing the catalog to Microsoft, or directly to the customer? How does it work, exactly?

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Hello, Jagan -

Although individual divisions within Intel may come out with catalogs (network adapters, video drivers, RAID drivers), there does not appear to be any method to collect all the different drivers that could appear on a product into a single catalog.

Some of the engineers pointed to the http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect Intel® Driver Update Utility as an alternative. It wouldn't work for mass deployment, but should work for individual boards and systems.

- Daniel

0 Kudos