Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Is the AXXRMM4LITE2 module compatible with a S2600CP2J board?

MAert
Beginner

I have a system with a S2600CP2J board. I would like to enable its KVM features by adding a remote management module that works with this board (AXXRMM4 or AXXRMM4LITE).

Since I don't necessarily need a dedicated NIC for remote management, I'm mostly looking for the AXXRMM4LITE. However, I'm having a hard time finding one in stock (in the EU).

AXXRMM4LITE2 seems easier to find but isn't compatible with the S2600CP2J board, according to the Intel site here: https://ark.intel.com/products/91525/Remote-Management-Module-4-Lite-2-AXXRMM4LITE2# @compatibility Remote Management Module 4 Lite 2 AXXRMM4LITE2 Product Specifications

The AXXRMM4LITE2 module does look identical to AXXRMM4LITE (unless the pictures online are wrong), so I was wondering if anyone knew if it could be compatible after all?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Mathias,

In regards to your question, the AXXRMM4LITE2 has not been officially tested on the Intel® Server Board S2600CP2J you can confirm this information http://ark.intel.com/products/66133/Intel-Server-Board-S2600CP2J here . Now, we are going try to test this module on this board and will let you know the results.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
MAert
Beginner

Hello Sergio,

Thanks, that would be great!

Looking forward to hear about your findings (even if it's not compatible, then at least we know ).

Best regards,

Mathias

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mathias,

After checking with our higher level support it seems that the AXXRMM4LITE2 only shows as compatible with Grantley and Purley boards and not with Romley family such as the Intel( R) Server Board S2600CP2J.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
MAert
Beginner

Hello Sergio,

Okay, thank you for checking.

Meanwhile, I found an AXXRMM4 in stock on Amazon, so it should arrive soon.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Mathias

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You are welcome.

In case you need more assistance or have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us back.
0 Kudos