Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Issue with 2600GZ BIOS Update Failure

BrentG14
Beginner

I was recently running into an error installing windows server on my server, and the error indicated that I needed to update the BIOS. So I attempted with the most recent version posted for this board (BIOS R02.06.0007). I followed the instructions to the letter, and after it was done it said "remove usb and restart the system". So after doing that I was presented with a screen telling me what platform and bios version was installed, then it would reboot, then this cycle continued for a while. 

Finally I realized that this wasn't normal and searched for a way to fix it. Other people seemed to have luck with BIOS recovery so I switched the jumper over and followed the recovery steps outlined in the instructions for that BIOS update. Upon reboot it beeped twice, then several seconds later it beeped 4 more times. I looked this up and it indicated a failure.

I'm not sure what else to do at this point since I can't seem to find any information on where to look to troubleshoot this, plus this platform is discontinued so nothing I can really be too upset about since a used board off of ebay is only around $60. But ideally i'd like this just get this working again before going that route. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: On the support documentation for the server I found a chart for decoding the diagnostic lights. The lights go from F0h - F3h and that is where the failure beeps occur. So it seems to find the capsule but fails when trying to load it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SergioS_Intel

Hello BrentG14,

The interactive technical support for the Intel® Server Board S2600GZ Family you have requested has been discontinued. 

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html helpful to address your request. 

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos