Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4867 Discussions

LCY2208IRA16500 - 20 Core x2 *40 Core M50CYP2UR208 No HDMI signal.

ALOKSEETHARAM
Beginner

Hi Team,

I am using LCY2208IRA16500 - 20 Core x2 *40 Core M50CYP2UR208 server. This server has VGA port and I have a monitor that has HDMI and DP ports. So, I am using VGA to HDMI converter to connect monitor to the server But I am not getting the screen, It's showing like "No signal" on blank screen.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Meghak
Employee

Hi Alokseetharam,

Thank you for posting on Intel Community.

For the issue reported, we request to check if all the cables are connected properly.

Please help us with the VGA to HDMI converter details that is used to connect monitor to the server.

Regards,

Megha k

0 Kudos
Meghak
Employee

Hi Alokseetharam,

Please help us with the details requested on the previous post to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Megha k

0 Kudos
ALOKSEETHARAM
Beginner

Hi MeghaK,

I am using Zebronics VGA to HDMI converter. I tried with all the alternatives but no luck.

Can you please confirm me whether the above mentioned supports the converters(like VGA to HDMI)

0 Kudos
Meghak
Employee

Hi Alokseetharam,

We request to please check if the mentioned Zebronics VGA to HDMI converter is compatible with the server board.

Also, we request to check the Version of HDMI that is supported by the port on the monitor.

Regards,

Megha K

0 Kudos
Meghak
Employee

Hi Alokseetharam,

Please note this is a follow-up post requesting to confirm if the issue reported is resolved.

Regards,

Megha k

0 Kudos
ALOKSEETHARAM
Beginner

Hi Megha,

Can you suggest how  to evaluate VGA to HDMI converter to check the compatibility with the server board.

I just want to understand that which part(hardware/software) of the system is stopping the display to occur?

0 Kudos
Meghak
Employee

Hi Alokseetharam,

Below are the steps that will help you check the compatibility.

Ensure that all cables are securely connected. Confirm that the VGA cable is properly plugged into the server board and the VGA to HDMI converter, and the HDMI cable is connected between the converter and the display.

Please check the supported resolution of the VGA to HDMI converter. You can find this on the product specifications.

We request to check if the VGA to HDMI converter is compatible with the operating system installed on your server.

On the server board, verify the display settings. Make sure the correct display output (VGA) is selected.

Connect the server board directly to a VGA monitor (bypass the converter) to check if the server board is able to output a signal without issues.

Regards,

Megha K

0 Kudos
Meghak
Employee

Hi Alokseetharam,

Please note this is a follow-up post requesting to confirm if the issue reported is resolved.

Regards,

Megha k

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello Alokseetharam,

Greetings for the day!

We would like to inform you that we are closing this request as no response has been received for our previous follow-ups.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos