Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4909 Discussions

M10JNP2SB selecting output LAN connection

Frederick2
Beginner

My M10JNP2SB has 4 RJ45 LAN connectors.  I'm using 1 for a local net based on a Spectrum router that connects to Spectrum's Internet service.  I'd like to use another for a higher speed connection directly to Verizon's FIOS service for a particularly demanding application.  The BIOS manual tells me how to enable another LAN port.  How to I make the the new LAN port the default for a particular application?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi Frederick2,

Hope you are doing well!

Kindly note that the product (M10JNP2SB) you are referring to has reached end of interactive support. 

Please note that when interactive support ends for a product or service, it typically means that we will no longer provide direct assistance or troubleshooting through interactive channels such as live chat, phone support, or interactive forums.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Frederick2
Beginner

Thank you very much for your prompt response.  I can understand that support for old boards has to stop some time.  I've been very pleased with the M10JNP2SB and I'd like to do a new system using an INTEL board to achieve a substantial upgrade in power.  Looking at your current products, I can't evaluate them.  Could you, would you, please suggest:

1.  A current production board, probably server, that I can add a sound card to to make a Workstation.

2.  That will run Win 10

3.  that with a high-ish end processor will significantly outperform my M10 with the E-2278G processor.

4.  ATX board format would be preferred, but I think I can arrange packaging for anything.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions.

John Frederick

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi Frederick2,

Hope you are doing well!

Thank you for your prompt response. Regarding your concern about setting up the new system similar to the current server, I suggest you contact an authorized Intel dealer. They will assist you with selecting the suitable card and any other related upgrading parts. Please find the information below and please let us know if there are any other issues.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/showcase/partner-directory/distributor.html#sort=relevancy

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Frederick2
Beginner

Thanks for responding, but it's not helpful.   After Jose A. (or possibly Jose-H) suggested the M10, I went looking for a source.  I sent emails to 6 or 10 of the authorized dealers.   None of them responded.  I have assumed that they didn't want to deal a single board to a hobbyist.  I eventually got the board from Newegg(I think, the cpu from CDW, and the memory through Amazon.  If  they wouldn't sell, I assume that they wouldn't want to take the time needed for advice.  I've been unable to find the boards on your web site.  Could you point me to the current production server boards?

jif

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi Frederick2,

Hope you are doing well!

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please find the link below where you can find the Intel server product, which might help you further. I must inform you that the product has reached the end of interactive support and is out of scope for further support. Thank you.

[ https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark.html ]

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos