cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

MFSYS25 and AXXSW1GB

Hi,

I have the following problem. I will one dedicated internal Lan-Port on a Compute Module to assign to one dedicated external Lan-Port. How can i make it. Vlan is no option for me.

I hope one of you can help me.

thanks René

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Why VLAN is no option for you? Your scenerio is a good usage model of VLAN. Actually I believe the only way to seperate one port from other on the switch is to use VLAN.

idata
Community Manager

The configuration on this My Flex is the following, I have four Compute Module and one LAG with eight members, they are connectet to the system-switch. The big problem is, one of this Compute Module is a SQL-Server and the performance over the LAG is to slow (all Compute Module are active). I have tested the performance only with the SQL-Server (all other Compute Module are not active). The SQL-Server performance was much better.

I have see the Switch AXXSW1GB can make Trunk Groups, is this a option?

Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

If I understand correctly, you're saying your SQL server is not getting enough bandwidth right? If that's the case you may want to configure QoS on the switch. See http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-028997.htm Ethernet Switch user guide, section 10 for details.