Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

RAID wird 3tb Hdds on WX58BP

JGill12
Beginner

Hi,

Im planning to build a little homeserver/nas with a WX58BP Board running 4x3tb in an raid5. The problem is that the BIOS recognizes the 3tb drives as 801gb drives, but in Windows i can see the whole capacity.

I googled a lot and found out that the ich10 v 10.1 cant handle drives with 3tb, but the latest BIOS update v042 for my Mainboard includes only v10.1 of the storage controller. Is there any possibility to get a newer Version of the ich10 into my BIOS?

Best regards Joshua

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi,

We regret to inform you that the issue you are experiencing is a hardware limitation for the board since is a mature product.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AP16
Valued Contributor III

No, Intel BIOS is digital-signed and OpRoms cannot be swapped by public tools. Probably, you can install Windows onto dedicated HDD and, with latest RST drivers, create and use RAID as data storage volume from Windows.

0 Kudos
JGill12
Beginner

I hoped that i could use ist without windows software raid...

Thank you for your quick answer.

0 Kudos
AP16
Valued Contributor III

Try to create RAID in Windows RST interface. RAID OpRom checks only headers of HDDs at time of boot, so your RAID may work (although not bootable).

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I have moved this post to the appropriate department

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

We regret to inform you that the issue you are experiencing is a hardware limitation for the board since is a mature product.

0 Kudos