My RMM3 web interface on my s5520hc will not load. I can ping the ip, but any web browser just keeping loading - they never time out.
This happened once before when I was at the customers site and I reseated the card. However, that is not an option this time. Thoughts?
could be IP conflict issue,
Couple of suggestions:
1. try to use BMC Ip address to launch the webinterface,
2. try to change the IP address of RMM and ping.. you can use IDA to configure the same.
Hope you have latest firmware up and running.
You may want to try reflashing the BMC firmware code
The flash package for the BMC includes the firmware for the RMM3.
If the the RMM3 and the BMC are on differeent version strange things can happen.
I had the problem with the different firmware versions.
I flashed the RMM3 again, but after about a day the RMM website is not reachable.
Do you have further tipps?
Thanks a lot!
The main hitters have been covered, but here is a quick review.
4. Make sure your Java version is current. Sometime I have found you need to enable the Direct Connection option if you are behind a proxy server
Lastly, the interface will timeout after awhile if not used and you may need to refresh and log-in again
Hopefully one of these will do it for you
Thank you very much for your long answer!
1. the firmware was flashed to the newest version
2. in the moment the baseboard lan configuration is set to 0.0.0.0 on everey entry. DO I have to config it, also it is not used?
3. I'm using static IPs.
4. I'm not behind a proxy.
Should I try to config the BMC, too?
You don't need to configure the BMC baseboard lan (unless you want to access the RMM3 via that connection) 0.0.0.0 should be fine.
Which browser and Java version are you running?
Also, what is the part number on the RMM3 card?
OK, so far.
I tried IE6, IE7 and IE8 as well as Opera 10.62 and Chrome.
Java Version is 6.0.
But after a reboot everythings is fine. So Browser and Java can not be the problem.
The part number AXXRMM3.
I found out, that ping and SSH work.
Is there a command to soft reboot the RMM3 (without rebooting the whole server)?