Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

RS2WC080 SAS and SATA

idata
Employee

Hello.

I have a server with Intel S5520HCR board, raid raid controller and AXX6DRV3GR raid enclosure. There is an SSD connected directly to onboard controller with OS installed. 2 SAS disks (Hitachi Ultrastar HUS156030VLS600, they are in RAID 1) and 1 SATA WD1003FBYX are in enclosure connected to raid controller. OS is Win2008R2 Hyper-V with 2 VMs.

When copying large (100-500Gb) files from RAID array to SATA disk in host OS, everything is OK, but when I try to do this in VMs they crash with hardware error. However, when I connect SATA disk directly to MB, copying in VMs works perfectly. I already disabled NCQ cause Windows showed copying error when it was enabled.

Firmware is updated, all components are shown as compatible. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Since it works in the host OS, and when bypassing the RAID card, it is probably the RAID driver the VMs are using. Do they use the same version 5.2.116 as the host OS?

0 Kudos