Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Real world IoT examples of using Galileo as a webserver

SReil
Novice

Hi guys,

I've been looking at the example below of how to make the galileo a web server:

/docs/DOC-22469 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22469

This is obviously very basic but I was just wondering if anybody could provide example use cases of real-world IoT applications in which you would use a Galileo as a web server. I'm struggling a bit to get my head around the concept.

Thanks for your comments

Stev

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Juan_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Steve100

I'd say for example if you create a domotic project in which you log data into your Galileo from a solar panel, light control, temperature and other things, then you could use the webserver to publish the data over a web page, so you can have access to the values measured by the Galileo from anywhere. In a real life application you could control or have a register of the energy consumption, to control the temperature of a motor or a machine, the level of moisture of the soil, to check the vital signs of a patient. Well that's my opinion of the things you could do with it.

Regards

JPMontero_Intel
0 Kudos
Olivier_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Steven,

Going further, you can setup PhP, MySQL on the board. With PhP you can read and write text files on your board, like configuration files. And combined with HTML you can create a very user friendly interface to parameter your board and communicate with.

Regards,

Olivier