Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S2600CP4 dual 2620 issue

ZTali
Beginner

Hi guys!

The board works fine with one cpu installed(e5-2620),but when i install the second one,the system fails to post and falls into a never ending reboot cycle.

Diagnostic LEDs are showing 00010101-->15h which code means that the progress stops at NB PEI module.

I've tried almost everything,removed all USB devices,all SSDs,all PCIE cards,replaced CPUs and memories,updated firmwares,updated and recovered BIOS without any success to get the second 2620 to work in CPU2 slot.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi,

According to the information provided, you have covered all the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue reason why we recommend replacing the board under warranty.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FTayl
Beginner

These S2600CP4 boards seem to be quite flaky. I can't get mine to get past POST with even 1 CPU.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

According to the information provided, you have covered all the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue reason why we recommend replacing the board under warranty.

0 Kudos
ZTali
Beginner

Thanks Dan!

I've thought this will be the final step to solve this problem.

0 Kudos