Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S2600CW2 board and LAN port failure

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

We have one server with S2600CW2 board and it has few issues with LAN port1:

When restarting server, BMC link fails for some period and then up again.

Using LAN port 1 not possible to do anything.

Have to use LAN2 and MGMT port to be able to do anything.

When trying to boot to PXE using LAN1 port, then it fails for many first attempts.

Can it be port 1 failure and need to change motherboard?

FW is the latest and greatest

Hope for hint and advice!

0 Kudos
24 Replies
SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello!

Actually motherboard and RMM module are changed to a new one, but problem still appears.

We reflashed firmware and it didn't help. Customer has 2 identical servers, which work fine.

We had an opportunity to assemble and test the same configuration, and it also worked fine.

So I can see no point to change there anything from hardware part.

So i am running out of ideas.

Sergei

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sergei,

I am aware of the previous change, and trying to focus on the issue at hand, if the hardware was replaced, the firmware is up to date, the OS is not involved and there are identical set ups in the same environment the only logic option available is the network, I can't really see something else based on the information we have so far. As I mentioned the gaps are normal after rebooting as long as they don't exceed 2 minutes at least for the BMC. I would recommend to go back to basics and perform these tests in a point to point network and compare to discard that option then move up trough the network as it seems nothing is wrong in the hardware.

Ken
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Serjei,

First of all I would like to wish the best of holidays and also to follow up on this trend, based on the information available so far the recommendation provided is to run point to point tests on the system or in the other hand if no further action is required please confirm we can close the case related to this trend.

In any case I'll stay tuned to your comments.

Best regards.

Ken.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I hope the troubleshoot performed so far was helpful, anyway, since we haven't heard from you in a while we assume no further assistance is needed hence we'll set this trend as closed, however, if you happen to need anything else please let us know.

Best regards.

Ken
0 Kudos