Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

S2600STBR drive options.

RSump1
New Contributor III

Good Wednesday everyone,
I have an Intel S2600STBR board that will be populated with two Xeons, if I use an Intel Optane SSD DC P4800X drive in PCIe slot 5, can I still do two RAID 1s with the OCuLink connectors. The drives on the OCuLink connectors will be Intel NVMe drives.

Thanks
Ray

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RSump1
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,
I spoke with David from Intel tech support, here is the answer to my question: According to the information in the TPS of the server system, there should not be any issue when using the 4 NVMe drives on a RAID and the 4800X as stand-alone for booting.

This is because the Oculink ports are routed to the CPU using de VMD technology and VROC will manage the RAIDS while the PCIe device will work by itself and should be recognized.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RSump1
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,
I spoke with David from Intel tech support, here is the answer to my question: According to the information in the TPS of the server system, there should not be any issue when using the 4 NVMe drives on a RAID and the 4800X as stand-alone for booting.

This is because the Oculink ports are routed to the CPU using de VMD technology and VROC will manage the RAIDS while the PCIe device will work by itself and should be recognized.

0 Kudos