Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4793 Discussions

S5520HC Raid Problems

idata
Employee

I have a S5520HC with a Axxx4sasmod Raid card with activation key installed. Server 2008 R2 64bit is install in a two disk Raid 1 using motherboard Raid. Have three drives using Axxx4sasmod in Raid 5. Was installing a Quantum Tape Backup drive when system crashed and rebooted to a screen saying i have to boot to the windows CD and run repair. I upgraded the Motherboard and Raid card's firmware. I downloaded the sas raid driver and hit the f6 key during windows setup and it installs the driver. When the operating system gets to starting windows setup it goes black for three seconds then a blue screen. I think its a driver problem. Any input would be great

Thanks

Urban

1 Reply
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

I'd suggest you go to BIOS and check the boot order - sometimes newly added devices mess up the boot order and thus cause system not bootable.

Btw, which port is the tape drive connected? Which driver version are you using?

0 Kudos