Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

SE7520BD2V Xeon Server

idata
Community Manager

I wish to upgrade the graphics capeability but I am unsure which type of graphics cards I can use, anything from 128mb upwards which type, which slot???????????????????????????

Thanks Pete

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Dan_O

Many thanks for the response I remember seeing that pdf file unless I'm looking through glossey glasses I could not see anything that refers to compatible graphics cards or am I missing something?????

Any more pointers would be grateful!

One last thing curiosity more than anything would it be a problem turning a server machine into a pc change the OS to vista/win 7/ ubuntu etc????

Thanks Pete

Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

It's entirely possible no graphics cards were tested. They often take lower priority on a server board, as opposed to a desktop board.

You can run a server as a single client, like you say. But you'll probably run into the same compatibility limitations - no support for desktop OSes, common desktop peripherals, etc.