Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

SFP+ Adapter comtability with S2600STBR: AXXSTSFPPKIT or XL710-QDA2?

royp
Beginner

Looking into adding SFP+ port capabilities for my S2600STBR server board, and I'm having trouble figuring what the correct adapter(s) are. The datasheet for the S2600STBR only says "LAN Riser Option", but a support post states that the AXXSTSFPPKIT is what needed. However, that product is discontinued, but another product, the XL710-QDA2, states that it is compatible.

Are both these products compatible or is one preferred over the other?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, royp,

Thank you for reaching Intel Communities. I will gladly help you.

While the Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA2 is compatible with the Intel® Server Board S2600STBR, you can only get SFP+ capabilities with that board through the Lan Riser Cable Kit AXXSTSFPPKIT. In short, the AXXSTSFPPKIT is a requirement for SFP+ in the S2600STBR.

Best regards,

Allan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, royp,

Thank you for reaching Intel Communities. I will gladly help you.

While the Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA2 is compatible with the Intel® Server Board S2600STBR, you can only get SFP+ capabilities with that board through the Lan Riser Cable Kit AXXSTSFPPKIT. In short, the AXXSTSFPPKIT is a requirement for SFP+ in the S2600STBR.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
royp
Beginner

Hi Allan,

Thank you for the assistance and information.

Since the AXXSTSFPPKIT is discontinued will there be a new version for this component, or will any future purchases need to be done on the second hand market?

Best,

Roy

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, royp,

You're welcome! As for the AXXSTSFPPKIT, I don't think that Intel will make a new version for the same system. Since Intel is moving to support more recent server boards, I wouldn't expect getting new devices specifically made with the intention of being compatible with the S2600STBR, which is expected to be discontinued this year.

Best regards,

Allan