Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

SR2625URLX Server - Will Not POST

SJohn17
Beginner

Hello,

I'm new to Intel Servers and would appreciate any advice. We have a SR2625URLX server that will not POST. We tried connecting a monitor to both VGA connectors (front and back) but still no luck getting it to display boot or any information on the screen at all.

When we power it on, it starts the fans at full speed (very loud) and there are amber LED lights on 4 of the cooling fans. It runs the fans at full throttle constantly until we power the sever down.

We tried it with dual CPUs installed and single CPU installed. We also tried changing the memory DIMM configurations (moved to different slots & tried changing the number of DIMMs) but still no luck.

I forgot to note the status of the rear LED "nibbles" but when I last checked, these were green but I don't remember which ones were lit and which ones weren't. I can get this information if it is needed.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

The server you are looking support for is end of interactive support but as a general recommendation please test the board without the memory installed looking for beep codes. Also please keep in mind that the amber LED on the fans means that either the fans or the connectors on the board are defective.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

The server you are looking support for is end of interactive support but as a general recommendation please test the board without the memory installed looking for beep codes. Also please keep in mind that the amber LED on the fans means that either the fans or the connectors on the board are defective.

0 Kudos
SJohn17
Beginner

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the suggestion. We tried booting the server today without the memory but it still won't POST and there are no beep codes heard.

We ordered new fans so we will see if anything changes once the replacement fans arrive.

0 Kudos